Stem Cell Fat Transfer
Dr. Kao is a leader in the transforming technique of fat transfer. For years we have heard women and men ask if their unwanted areas of fat could be put to better use on their bodies. While you can’t control the areas of fat development through diet and exercise, Dr. Kao can transfer fat throughout your body to help give you the shapely, defined, and youthful physique you’ve always wanted. As a revolutionary in the fat transfer technique, Dr. Kao can achieve natural and beautifully complementing contours of your body.
What Areas Can Benefit From Fat Transfer?
As we age, the collagen in our skin begins to break down and collapse, which causes deep wrinkles to develop. Facelift surgery and facial fillers can only treat the deep and middle tissue of the face. Dr. Kao’s revolutionary micro-fractured “Powdered Sugar” fat is rich in stem cells and other regenerative cells that can transform skin’s texture, tone, and vibrancy for full facial rejuvenation.
Women with small or poorly shaped breasts may want to increase their breast size but don’t want to use implants, which can provide too large of a size increase for some patients. Implants don’t always achieve the natural breasts that some patients desire or are not suitable to be used in certain breast cancer reconstructions. Since breasts are partially comprised of fatty tissue, fat transfer achieves the most realistic results. Dr. Kao performs stem cell assisted fat transfer to optimize long-term volume retention.
A flat, undefined posterior may be preventing you from having the voluptuous curves you desire. For many women, a shapely, prominent backside is impossible to obtain through diet and exercise. Fat transfer naturally improves the size and shape of the butt, enhancing your appearance as well as your confidence.
Fat Transfer Options
Fat Transfer Options
- Procedure: Facial detailing/bio-grooming uses regenerative stem cells harvested from fat to improve the volume, texture, and tone of your face. For facial revolumization, the stem cells are first isolated and then combined with additional harvested fat, thus creating a “Super Charged Fat” for transfer. This Super Fat may then be further microfractured into “Powdered Sugar Fat” that can be used to fill superficial wrinkles and fine lines. Dr. Kao meticulously treats your face from top to bottom to provide full facial (detailing) rejuvenation. For dark circles under the eyes, Dr. Kao’s new Nanosome treatment extracts the proteins, growth factors, and stem cells from the fat matrix and injects it superficially under the lower-eyelid skin to brighten the color and improve texture.
- Restores the youthful contour and volume of the face
- Fills wrinkles caused by collagen loss
- Treats cheeks, under eyes, neck, and jawline
- Improves poor skin tone and texture
- Procedure: The fat is loaded into a syringe with a weighted filter on top. When the centrifuge spins, this weighted filter places pressure on the fat cells, destroying old, fragile tissue and leaving only young, healthy fat cells for transfer. Some of this fat is then further processed to isolate the stem cells/regenerative cells. These cells are combined with more harvested fat to create a “Super Charged Fat” for transfer to the breast. The healthy, purified fat is placed into a needle, and Dr. Kao carefully grafts the tissue into the breasts. Dr. Kao adds fat in small, even layers to ensure that it is surrounded by vascularized tissue to provide the best environment for survival. The healthy stem cell-rich fat is placed into a micro cannula.
- No synthetic products needed to increase breast size
- Breasts look and feel completely natural
- Almost no visible scarring on the breasts
Brazilian Butt Lift
- Procedure: The fat is loaded into a syringe with a weighted filter on top. When the centrifuge spins, this weighted filter places pressure on the fat cells, destroying old, fragile tissue and leaving only young, healthy fat cells for transfer. Some of this fat is then further processed to isolate the stem cells/regenerative cells. These cells are combined with more harvested fat to create a “Super Charged Fat” for transfer into the buttocks. The waistline is aggressively narrowed to create a youthful, feminine curve.
- Custom results to enhance your body’s unique figure
- Shorter recovery period than butt implants
- Subtle, natural-looking results
Combining Fat Transfer
- Dr. Kao’s Ponytail Lift™ and Ponytail Facelift™ treat the deeper muscular layers of the face for a long-lasting youthful effect. Combining fat transfer using Super Fat refines the facelift process for smoother, more beautiful results.
- For patients who desire a significant increase in their bust size but also want natural-looking results, Dr. Kao recommends combining fat transfer with breast implants. Implants can provide you with the size increase you desire, while transferred fat softens and blends implant edges and creates more natural shape.
- Other patients looking to enhance their breasts may consider combining a breast lift with fat transfer to the breasts. Lifting the breast tissue can provide your breasts with long-term support and a more youthful appearance, while fat transfer can provide you with a fuller size.
- If you want a slimmer but curvaceous waist, you may consider combining your Brazilian Butt Lift with a tummy tuck. Dr. Kao can combine these two procedures to create a more shapely physique.
All of Dr. Kao’s patients have the option to stay at the aftercare facility following the procedure. Serenity is a post-surgical care facility situated just across the street from Dr. Kao’s surgical facility, and it is located in a federally and state-licensed healthcare center.
Most patients can return to work after one week and resume exercise after four weeks. The majority of swelling should begin to subside after six weeks, at which time your final results should become apparent.
One benefit of fat transfer is that it is performed with a micro-cannula of 2mm or less so the scars are virtually invisible.
The cost of fat transfer varies depending on the technique used, the size of the treatment area, surgical fees, facility fees, and anesthesia fees. A detailed price will be provided during your consultation.
You are likely to experience some discomfort during your initial recovery period, which can be controlled using an oral pain medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of anesthesia is used during fat transfer?
Dr. Kao performs fat transfer with the patient under propofol sedation or, rarely, general anesthesia.
How is the fat removed from your body?
The fat is removed through a 3mm cannula, so it’s very small. The incisions are virtually invisible. Although the purpose is to harvest the fat, the procedure is done with an aesthetic mindset to ensure symmetry and preserve the evenness and quality of the skin.
From where can fat be harvested?
Anywhere that you feel has excess unwanted fat can be used. Common areas of fat removal include the abdomen, hips, thighs, and back.
How long will my fat transfer results last?
Fat transfer provides long-lasting improvement of almost all treatment areas. Minor touch-ups, especially to the face, may be necessary as you age.